Deleting Non-Participants

All issues and questions relating to Turbo Tourney should be posted here. Support members, forum moderators and other members can help you with your questions.
kesslez

Deleting Non-Participants

Post by kesslez » Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:49 pm

So every year I start recruiting for my pool with a mailing list of nearly 900 email addresses of players from last year and previous years. I wind up with about 450 players who enter the pool, and the rest I have to delete by clicking on each individual non-participant and selecting delete. It takes several hours to delete all the non-players from the file. Is there anyway I can sort my list of players so that I can delete all at once those who did not enter picks?

Phil Wojo
Old Username: philwojo

Re: Deleting Non-Participants

Post by Phil Wojo » Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:53 pm

Sorry to say I am not aware of any way to do that.
~Phil
Do you have a backup of your *.tt file??? If not save a 2nd copy somewhere other than your computer, use a flash drive or something, don't wait do it now!! Do it any time you make a change or import new entries.

For FREE web hosting services, meaning your own web site, check out [click]http://www.thefreesite.com/Free_Web_Space/[/click]
(They rate free hosting services)

Paul
Old Username: PaulJ

Re: Deleting Non-Participants

Post by Paul » Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:26 am

Here’s something I use with success. I run my own internet site and use “Basic” “Deploy by Web” option that’s located under Remote in the menu.

Under Remote, I download player picks using the “Load Picks From TurboTourney.com” option.

After selecting “Download Again” and then “Start Import,” I import the selections.

At the end of the process the “Received Entries” message is displayed to let you know your entries have been imported. In response to the "Do you want to mark these entries as received?" question, I always select “NO,” so the entries will show up the next time I download entries. (If you select "YES," the entries will not be available again. Make sure you select the NO button.)

The downside to this method is the next time you download your entries you will have to select “Update” for every previously received entry.

When you have reached your deadline and are no longer accepting entries, backup your tt file, and then under the “Players” menu, select “Delete All Players.”
Go back to “Remote” and Load your entries again. You will only have a list of players who have submitted entries.

I’ve been using this method for 5 or 6 years and find it easier and far more accurate than going through the list and deleting players who didn’t submit an entry. The most important step in this process is to back-up your tt file before you delete all players.
Hope this helps.