multiple issues including data file not in turbo tourney format

All issues and questions relating to Turbo Tourney should be posted here. Support members, forum moderators and other members can help you with your questions.
JAMCFP

multiple issues including data file not in turbo tourney format

Post by JAMCFP » Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:34 am

Hi,

I have been running my pool smoothly this week until this morning when I opened Turbo Tourney. 1) It wanted my registration key. I entered it again, and it accepted it. Then I tried to open my file and I get this error: "03/17/2016 10:29:39 PM - The following error occurred in Scheduler.frmScheduleTray:LoadSchedule: 62 - Input past end of file. Finally, it is telling me when I try to open my pool that "Data file is not in Turbo Tourney format."

Please help. Thanks.

Phil Wojo
Old Username: philwojo

Re: multiple issues including data file not in turbo tourney format

Post by Phil Wojo » Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:06 am

Sounds like smething was corrupted with TT and possibly you *.TT data file as well. I would try and Uninstaller TT, but make sure you save the current *.TT data file somewhere else first like a flash drive.

Do you have the recommended backup of your *.TT data file? If so make sure that is safe also.

The Uninstaller and reinstall the TT program and see what happens.
~Phil
Do you have a backup of your *.tt file??? If not save a 2nd copy somewhere other than your computer, use a flash drive or something, don't wait do it now!! Do it any time you make a change or import new entries.

For FREE web hosting services, meaning your own web site, check out [click]http://www.thefreesite.com/Free_Web_Space/[/click]
(They rate free hosting services)

JAMCFP

Post by JAMCFP » Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:21 am

After uninstall, I get the same data file message from both my main tt file and my backup tt file. How can I rebuild my pool? Thanks.

Phil Wojo

Post by Phil Wojo » Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:31 am

I have not seen this that I can recall before. I would email Doug at

Support@turbotourney.com.

Include a description of the problem as mush detail as possible on the error message and include your TT data files.
~Phil
Do you have a backup of your *.tt file??? If not save a 2nd copy somewhere other than your computer, use a flash drive or something, don't wait do it now!! Do it any time you make a change or import new entries.

For FREE web hosting services, meaning your own web site, check out [click]http://www.thefreesite.com/Free_Web_Space/[/click]

Doug
Old Username: Doug

Post by Doug » Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:02 am

Agree with Phil on this one, the file seems to have gotten corrupted. You can rebuild your pool though just by starting over with a new pool. If you collected entries on the web they are all still stored on our server so you can just re-download them again. I believe Phil has an FAQ on how to do this but basically you can select the Remote menu, TurboTourney.com Control Panel and at the bottom are options to download all your entries again. You'll have to go back through the Deploy via Web first just to get it in sync though. Let us know how it goes.

Phil Wojo

Post by Phil Wojo » Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:11 am

FAQ Doug referenced:

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17
~Phil

JAMCFP

Post by JAMCFP » Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:11 pm

I rebuilt the pool from scratch. I imported last year without players, then I followed the instructions to reload all entries from the website as suggested above. I'm back in business. Thanks so much.

Phil Wojo

Post by Phil Wojo » Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:47 pm

Glad you got it up and working.

I would suggest doing a backup *.tt data file right now off of your computer, like on a flash drive, that way at least you have the 2016 data file and hopefully it won't get corrupted also.

If it does happen again, heaven forbid, I would import that data file off the flash drive back on to the hard drive and keep the flash drive from being accessed by TT on your computer, just as a precaution.
~Phil

JAMCFP

Post by JAMCFP » Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:06 pm

Message received loud and clear! Thanks again, Phil.

Phil Wojo

Post by Phil Wojo » Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:15 pm

Please don't take that as a lecture, it was certainly not meant to be. I don't think you did anything wrong, things like this happen, it is unfortunate, but glad you got it recovered. Just offering up a way to hopefully give you a chance to recover easier if it ever happens again is all.
~Phil