Configurable Standings

All issues and questions relating to Turbo Tourney should be posted here. Support members, forum moderators and other members can help you with your questions.
msu@comcast.net
Old Username: tyle

Configurable Standings

Post by msu@comcast.net » Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:40 am

I can't seem to get my Configurable Standings to sort. I have the three fields set to sort in the Configurable Standings page report under Reports

Phil Wojo
Old Username: philwojo

Re: Configurable Standings

Post by Phil Wojo » Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:05 am

Ok then what are you doing after that? A screen shot would be good too.
~Phil
Do you have a backup of your *.tt file??? If not save a 2nd copy somewhere other than your computer, use a flash drive or something, don't wait do it now!! Do it any time you make a change or import new entries.

For FREE web hosting services, meaning your own web site, check out [click]http://www.thefreesite.com/Free_Web_Space/[/click]
(They rate free hosting services)

msu@comcast.net

Post by msu@comcast.net » Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:23 am

Nothing, just hit "Build Web Site" under Tools. When I hit the spinning globe on the attached screen shot it takes me to the Configurable Standings page in the file folder, but that is not configurable either.

Phil Wojo

Post by Phil Wojo » Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:32 am

I think you have to run that from the Reports menu at least once to get those settings to take but I could be wrong on that. Try that though run it from the Reports menu and upload it to the web, then rerun the build Web aite.
~Phil
Do you have a backup of your *.tt file??? If not save a 2nd copy somewhere other than your computer, use a flash drive or something, don't wait do it now!! Do it any time you make a change or import new entries.

For FREE web hosting services, meaning your own web site, check out [click]http://www.thefreesite.com/Free_Web_Space/[/click]

msu@comcast.net

Post by msu@comcast.net » Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:50 am

Thanks. I think I’ve done that—if I understand you correctly. I’ve gone to Reports, then Configurable Standings, clicked on the Globe/Web Icon that then creates the page, but even that is not configurable. I then clicked on Build Web Site and then uploaded it. I also looked under Report Package, Report Setup, Report Option and Open Report File (all under Reports) and did not find anything that looked like it should be checked or completed. BTW, I have had this issue for years but just never did anything about it.

msu@comcast.net

Post by msu@comcast.net » Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:54 am

Also, I Googled CONFIGURABLE STANDINGS and found tons of sites, some hosted on mysideline.com and some hosted on other websites, and of the 20 or so I clicked on none were configurable.

Doug
Old Username: Doug

Post by Doug » Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:57 am

On the Report Selection screen before you click the Globe are you setting the additional sort fields to be what you want?

Phil Wojo

Post by Phil Wojo » Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:59 am

Can you do a screen shot of the pop up when you go to "Reports>Config STandings", I would really like to see what you have in there.
~Phil

Phil Wojo

Post by Phil Wojo » Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:00 am

I just tested on my end and it works as expected. When I selected sort by name and then in the 2nd category I put in points and then I just hit "preview" and it works exactly how I expect. It sorts based on names, in alpha order, then on points after that, I have a few players with similar names.
~Phil

Phil Wojo

Post by Phil Wojo » Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:08 am

Here is what you should see when you get the correct pop-up:

From that, fill out the one or more of the 3 sections in the middle, circled in blue in the image. Keep in mind that you need to make sure they are set properly for Ascending or Descending depending on what you want.

If you want to "Test" it, hit PREVIEW and it will open the report. If you want to put it on your site hit "web" and it will upload it. It will also save these options/settings so the next time a Build Web Site occurs it will use them also.

Can you post a screen shot of yours, just like that, if it isn't working for you?
~Phil

msu@comcast.net

Post by msu@comcast.net » Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:29 pm

here it is. sorry
Attachments
screen shot.jpg
screen shot.jpg (371.5 KiB) Viewed 3711 times

Phil Wojo

Post by Phil Wojo » Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:43 pm

So that looks correct, looks like it will sort Alphabetically to me, and then if there is more than one name it will move to the 2nd field and then if there is a tie there it will move to the 3rd field. So, what are you not seeing it do? What is the link to your site?
~Phil

msu@comcast.net

Post by msu@comcast.net » Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:20 pm

msu@comcast.net

Post by msu@comcast.net » Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:30 pm

I thought this report meant that you could click on the top of a column and sort manually, but now that I read what you are saying and see what happens when I change the first sort field I now see what happens.

Phil Wojo

Post by Phil Wojo » Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:53 pm

Correct it is a state report not click able on the site. Also it appears I was wrong in how it works it appears to do the sort on all 3 values not the 1st and then qnd and 3rd.

Hope this helps you, a lot of people use this for an alphabetical sorted report.
~Phil

msu@comcast.net

Post by msu@comcast.net » Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:34 pm

Thanks for all your help. You guys do a great job.