SECOND CHANCE POOL- Add Picks Report

All issues and questions relating to Turbo Tourney should be posted here. Support members, forum moderators and other members can help you with your questions.
Burger23

SECOND CHANCE POOL- Add Picks Report

Post by Burger23 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:51 pm

If I recall correctly, whenever I download new player entries from "Load Web Picks from Turbotourney.com," I get a .txt document that lists the entries that were imported into my Pool. I recall getting this report while populating my STANDARD and SEEDED Polls- but I have not received the Report while importing my SECOND CHANCE Pool.

I have View Add List checked:
http://www.gradygroup.com/NCAA/turbotourney/add.jpg

Phil Wojo
Old Username: philwojo

Re: SECOND CHANCE POOL- Add Picks Report

Post by Phil Wojo » Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:13 pm

Yes, I would agree, you should get that. Did you actually download any entries though, and did any actually get processed?
~Phil
Do you have a backup of your *.tt file??? If not save a 2nd copy somewhere other than your computer, use a flash drive or something, don't wait do it now!! Do it any time you make a change or import new entries.

For FREE web hosting services, meaning your own web site, check out [click]http://www.thefreesite.com/Free_Web_Space/[/click]
(They rate free hosting services)

Burger23

Post by Burger23 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:14 pm

Yes, all are downloaded and processed correctly

Burger23

Post by Burger23 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:17 pm

One time a player submitted 2 entries under the same name. I got the normal warning, manually changed one name, hit RETRY, entry processed- and I did get a report- but only with this corrected player's name. Another time, there were no duplicates, and all 10 entries processed normally- but no report at all.

Phil Wojo

Post by Phil Wojo » Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:26 pm

I don't have the program here at work, but I think this has to do with the fact that the participants names are already in the pool. I am assuming that you left them all in when you created the entry sheet, correct? If so, I think that is why, you aren't entering in a new name, it is just populating the picks for that entries name. I might be wrong on this, but I think that is probably why it is working that way.

The workaround for this would be to leave everything on your site as is, but then delete all the player's names in your TT *.tt data pool file. Then it will import them like they aren't there and will give you that list.

If you want to do this you can start over by deleting all the entries now (First backup your *.tt data file though), then follow the FAQ (How-To) for "recovering lost entries" and you should get a full report then.
~Phil
Do you have a backup of your *.tt file??? If not save a 2nd copy somewhere other than your computer, use a flash drive or something, don't wait do it now!! Do it any time you make a change or import new entries.

For FREE web hosting services, meaning your own web site, check out [click]http://www.thefreesite.com/Free_Web_Space/[/click]

Burger23

Post by Burger23 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:31 pm

Thanks, Phil. I believe that your analysis is right on: you aren't entering in a new name, it is just populating the picks for that entries name For future viewers of this post, this is exactly what I did:
1. MAKE A BACKUP of existing Standard_16.tt file- IMPORTANT- DO THIS
2. Bring up the existing Standard_16.tt file in Turbotourney
3. Then DELETE all Players
4. Then go to Remote->Control Panel and DOWNLOAD entries
5. When downloading completes, a message will appear: Entries downloaded- would you like to Load then now. Select YES
6. Select Analyze Header
7. Start Import. Since there are no players, you will need to select ADD NEW when asked for each player.

Piece of cake!
Thanks for your help.

Phil Wojo

Post by Phil Wojo » Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:07 pm

Glad it worked!
~Phil