Hitting maximum entrants for Personal Edition

All issues and questions relating to Turbo Tourney should be posted here. Support members, forum moderators and other members can help you with your questions.
stevegagel

Hitting maximum entrants for Personal Edition

Post by stevegagel » Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:27 am

I have flirted with reaching 1000 entrants in my pool in recent years. What happens if I do reach 1000 pool entrants using the Personal edition of Turbo Tourney? Does the software not allow any additional entries beyond 1000, and if so, what happens to individuals who try to enter my pool but after the 1000 limit is reached? Can I seamlessly transition to a different version which allows more than 1000 entrants, and if so, how do I go about doing that at the last minute (since will likely not know if I will hit the 1000 limit until very near the entry deadline)? Just trying to figure this out ahead of time in case this is the year my pool crosses over 1000 entrants so I can be ready to address this quickly. Thanks.

Phil Wojo
Old Username: philwojo

Re: Hitting maximum entrants for Personal Edition

Post by Phil Wojo » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:35 am

I can't answer all of it, but it is pretty seamless if you do need to upgrade. You will deal with Doug and after payment get a new key which will be input and should unlock all of the new features, it won't change anything else on the pool. At least that is the way I understand things, but Doug can jump in if my understanding is wrong.

I don't think that the people submitting will get any kind of message, you would see that on the importing of the entries into the TT program itself. So, I think, for your players it wouldn't ever show up as a problem and you could just deal with it in the background and move forward.
~Phil
Do you have a backup of your *.tt file??? If not save a 2nd copy somewhere other than your computer, use a flash drive or something, don't wait do it now!! Do it any time you make a change or import new entries.

For FREE web hosting services, meaning your own web site, check out [click]http://www.thefreesite.com/Free_Web_Space/[/click]
(They rate free hosting services)

Doug
Old Username: Doug

Re: Hitting maximum entrants for Personal Edition

Post by Doug » Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:08 pm

Phil is spot on as usual. Once you upgrade you will get a new registration number and once you enter that into the program (no need to uninstall/install anything) it will allow the 1,000 entries and beyond. Your players will not see any difference and the entries will continue to be accepted but you won't be able to import more than 999 into your pool until you upgrade to the Enterprise Edition.