Results/Standings Page not displayed

All issues and questions relating to Turbo Tourney should be posted here. Support members, forum moderators and other members can help you with your questions.
nickleej80

Results/Standings Page not displayed

Post by nickleej80 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:08 am

I have entires coming in and everything is working great. The only problem is that people are not able to see the results/standings page that should show everyones entires up to this point. Is that page only available once the tourney starts or have i missed something on the set up?

thanks,
nickleej80

Doug
Old Username: Doug

Re: Results/Standings Page not displayed

Post by Doug » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:15 am

That shouldn't be the case but have you posted your pool pages to the web or where are you expecting people to be be able to see those pages?

Phil Wojo
Old Username: philwojo

Post by Phil Wojo » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:17 am

You need to do the "Build Web Site" after you download new entries in order to rebuild the results/standings pages and upload the new files.
~Phil
Do you have a backup of your *.tt file??? If not save a 2nd copy somewhere other than your computer, use a flash drive or something, don't wait do it now!! Do it any time you make a change or import new entries.

For FREE web hosting services, meaning your own web site, check out [click]http://www.thefreesite.com/Free_Web_Space/[/click]
(They rate free hosting services)

nickleej80

Post by nickleej80 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:16 pm

i had forgot to "build web site" I have performed that procedure and get to the screen that im looking for...however when i go to the email link and click on it im not getting the screen. I think i forgetting one more step..

Doug

Post by Doug » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:17 pm

What is the link?

nickleej80

Post by nickleej80 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:30 pm

my original link i sent out to submit your picks was http://www.turbotourney.com/2017.html?t=1&p=0&c=22962

the new one im getting is http://www.mysideline.com/u/22962/colle ... efault.htm

do i need to send this link out to everyone to use from now on?

Phil Wojo

Post by Phil Wojo » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:06 pm

The 2nd link is to your HOME page, the 1st link is only to your entry page. The Home page has a link to the Entry page on it.
~Phil
Do you have a backup of your *.tt file??? If not save a 2nd copy somewhere other than your computer, use a flash drive or something, don't wait do it now!! Do it any time you make a change or import new entries.

For FREE web hosting services, meaning your own web site, check out [click]http://www.thefreesite.com/Free_Web_Space/[/click]

nickleej80

Post by nickleej80 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:45 pm

ok perfect thanks! I have sent out the second link to everyone.

So from here until the tourney starts, the only steps i should be doing are "remote" "download pics from turbo tourney" and saving the new entires. then "tools" "build web site" ?

Phil Wojo

Post by Phil Wojo » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:46 pm

Save you *.tt file often, any time you update or import anything.

Have a backup of that file somewhere, like a thumb drive as well.

But yes, in terms of maintaining your site now that should be all you need to do.
~Phil

tjpud27

Post by tjpud27 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:59 pm

I need help as well. I've downloaded entries, and I want to post reports on the webpage. I have clicked on build web site, and turbo tourney opens a webpage showing my "league" with the reports; however, when I close that browser and reopen, the reports are not there. Can anybody help me on that one?

Thanks in advance.

SamGordon
Old Username: SamG

Post by SamGordon » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:33 am

What link are you going to? TT will open a webpage that's saved on your PC. You want to go to the page actually hosted online.

tjpud27

Post by tjpud27 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:12 am

Yes, when TT creates the reports, it opens what looks like my TT webpage, but it is actually a file on my computer. For example, in the URL spot, it says this computer/my documents /TurboTourney, etc. How do I get the reports to actually post on the website?

I also had another question pop up. After games are played, how do I update the standings on the website?

Doug

Post by Doug » Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:36 am

Are you using the Internet Add-on or your own web hosting space?

To update standings on the site, you just need to update the game results (Tournament menu, Results and click on the Update button) and then build your web site again (Tools menu Build Web Site and click Build Site).

Phil Wojo

Post by Phil Wojo » Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:38 am

You also need to FTP the files to your web space or the internet add-on, make sure your settings in the FTP manager show as "Always FTP" from the "prompt" filed.

~Phil

tjpud27

Post by tjpud27 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:02 am

Yes, I use the add-on.

For the FTP, it was on "Never use FTP." I will change that. Do I need to check the box in the upper left corner, "Host My Pool on MySideline.com"?

Thanks for the replies! I really appreciate it.

Phil Wojo

Post by Phil Wojo » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:04 am

yes if you use the add-on that needs to be checked.
~Phil