Saving a set up

All issues and questions relating to Turbo Tourney should be posted here. Support members, forum moderators and other members can help you with your questions.
Hook1707

Saving a set up

Post by Hook1707 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:44 am

I've been using TT for many years and it's a great program. The only problem I have is the time it takes on Selection Sunday night to get my pool all set up. Each year eventually I get all of the settings as I use every year but it does take a while to find them all.

Is there any kind of option export the settings from my 2017 pool so that I can easily import them next year to 2018?

Thanks!

Phil Wojo
Old Username: philwojo

Re: Saving a set up

Post by Phil Wojo » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:03 am

That has been a feature for years, just go to "File>File Upgrade Wizard" and walk through the steps. The only requirement is that you save the previous years pool file to have it to import in to the new program. It doesn't have to be just the previous year it can be almost any previous file as far as I know.

If you have a 2016 file you could test it now, I know you don't need it, but you can try it out to see how it works. Just start with a fresh *.tt file, don't overwrite what you already have. Also, make sure to Save your current file before doing anything and do a backup of that file.
~Phil
Do you have a backup of your *.tt file??? If not save a 2nd copy somewhere other than your computer, use a flash drive or something, don't wait do it now!! Do it any time you make a change or import new entries.

For FREE web hosting services, meaning your own web site, check out [click]http://www.thefreesite.com/Free_Web_Space/[/click]
(They rate free hosting services)

Hook1707

Post by Hook1707 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:30 pm

Thanks Phil,

It's great to know that I can do this but I'm not exactly sure that I understand correctly. Should I first open my 2016 program with the 2016 file in it before I do the File> File Upgrade Wizard? Do I then open my 2017 program and import the 2016 file? Also, I don't have *.TT files, they are all *.TTB.

Thanks

SamGordon
Old Username: SamG

Post by SamGordon » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:52 am

You don't need the 2016 executable, just the file you saved. Open the 2017 program, File->File Upgrade Wizard and point to your 2016 file. Don't import users though.

However, IIRC, you still need to double check FTP manager so uploads would go to the correct directory. Personally, I would make a note and try it after the tournament is over (or just before next year's starts). I'm big on the "if it's working, don't touch".