[Answered] Underdog Scoring Not Working Properly

All issues and questions relating to Turbo Tourney should be posted here. Support members, forum moderators and other members can help you with your questions.

[Answered] Underdog Scoring Not Working Properly

Postby Battleszone » Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:11 pm

I am having an issue with the Underdog Scoring. See images attached. This is the same tournament and Underdog points should reward players with seed difference in my 3rd option of scoring. It seems to be working for all except Xavier and even then it is hit or miss, as I have some players that did not receive the "Seed Difference" option -- received

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_GaO ... XROd2RvVjQ[

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_GaO ... 0NOcGhtVjA

I really do not want to reload my picks as there are a lot I had to manual change. I am hoping that I can change this or I can manually edit those who did not receive Underdog points. It also seems as though Underdog points are reward for only the players that picked the right match up? Underdog points I believe in the past where rewarded regardless of the match up and if the higher seed beats a lower seed team then - underdog points should be rewarded.
RANDOM_AVATAR
Battleszone

{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }
{ USER_STATUS }:
Old Username: Battlez

Re: Underdog Scoring Not Working Properly

Postby SamGordon » Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:50 pm

Don't forget the Underdog points require picking the winner who PLAYED AS AN UNDERDOG.

In your first example, it appears that player had predicted Xavier to beat FGCU. I'm basing that on what appears to be a red (incorrect) entry for the first round FSU vs. FGCU matchup. Picking an 11 seed (Xavier) to beat a 14 seed (FGCU) is NOT an underdog pick. Therefore, no underdog points would be rewarded.

The second example picked Xavier (11 seed) to beat FSU (3 seed). Xavier played as an underdog, therefore the underdog points were awarded.

This has been the requirement for YEARS. From the help file in TT:
IMPORTANT NOTE: To get points for Underdog Scoring a player MUST correctly pick a team to win a game as an underdog AND that team must win the game as an underdog.
RANDOM_AVATAR
SamGordon

{ USER_STATUS }:
Old Username: SamG

Postby Battleszone » Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:07 pm

I also thought in the first example the player picked Xavier to advance to Sweet 16, but did not pick FSU but but picked FGCU but still picked Xavier to advance which is an underdog over FSU. Do the players need to pick the correct match up in order get the underdog points?
RANDOM_AVATAR
Battleszone

{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }
{ USER_STATUS }:
Old Username: Battlez

Postby SamGordon » Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:36 pm

There are two conditions that have to be met to qualify for underdog points...

1) You must pick a lower seed to beat a higher seed
2) The lower seed must play a higher seed.

In the first bracket, the player picked an 11 (Xavier) to beat a 14 (FGCU). Therefore, step one fails and there's no underdog points. The second bracket picked an 11 (Xavier) to beat a 3 (FSU). Step one succeeds. 11 actually played 3, so step two succeeds. Therefore they get underdog points.

The reverse is also true... next week Florida (4) will play Wisconsin (8). There are players who probably picked Florida to beat Villanova (1). So step one succeeds. However, Florida is no longer an underdog since they're playing a lower seed. So step two fails. Even if Florida advances, no underdog points will be rewarded. If someone had picked Wisconsin (8) to beat Virginia (5) instead of Florida, both steps succeed and underdog points will be rewarded. So you don't need to predict the exact match up as long as the above criteria are met.

Make sense?
RANDOM_AVATAR
SamGordon

{ USER_STATUS }:
Old Username: SamG

Postby Battleszone » Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:07 pm

Got it -- thanks
RANDOM_AVATAR
Battleszone

{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }
{ USER_STATUS }: