[SOLVED] exporting current standings

All issues and questions relating to Turbo Tourney should be posted here. Support members, forum moderators and other members can help you with your questions.

[SOLVED] exporting current standings

Postby bbrian3 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:06 am

Running the current standings report used to allow me to choose the content and export the file (to excel). Now it just runs the report to the webpage with no options. Any suggestions?
RANDOM_AVATAR
bbrian3

{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }
{ USER_STATUS }:

Re: exporting current standings

Postby bbrian3 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:37 pm

Update on this is none of the reports in my current tt file or back-ups that I run or execute from my computer have the option to print, export, or do anything. They all go straight to the webpage reports without any options. I am used to being able to export a report to excel and sort according to "teams" within my player list. Something has changed between the end of Sweet 16 and halfway to the elite 8 (12 teams left)
RANDOM_AVATAR
bbrian3

{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }
{ USER_STATUS }:

Postby viperrwk » Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:42 pm

I don't have an answer for you other than I too am experiencing a reporting problem with player scenarios which from all things I can see indicate some type of program bug. I find it interesting that we are both posting about a reporting bug after last night's games. Hopefully Doug or someone else will come up with a fix quickly. Good luck!

viperrwk
RANDOM_AVATAR
viperrwk

{ USER_STATUS }:
Old Username: viperrwk

Postby Phil Wojo » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:23 pm

So how are you "running" the report, can you explain what steps you are taking so we can try and help.
~Phil

Do you have a backup of your *.tt file??? If not save a 2nd copy somewhere other than your computer, use a flash drive or something, don't wait do it now!! Do it any time you make a change or import new entries.

For FREE web hosting services, meaning your own web site, check out http://www.thefreesite.com/Free_Web_Space/ ( Clicked 2078 times )
(They rate free hosting services)

Phil Wojo

{ USER_STATUS }:
Old Username: philwojo

Postby bbrian3 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:32 pm

I usually go into the "Reports" menu and hit "current standings". Normally this gives me a menu of options, one of which is to export the file. No options now - it goes straight to the webpage version (on my computer only as I'm not building the website again). Its the same for all the reports. I can build my website fine with all the reports I want, I just can't export, email or do anything else with the reports. This is a new issue after last night's games.
RANDOM_AVATAR
bbrian3

{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }
{ USER_STATUS }:

Postby Phil Wojo » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:51 pm

I am not certain and i don't have the program at work, maybe Doug will chime in or I can look later when i get home.
~Phil

Do you have a backup of your *.tt file??? If not save a 2nd copy somewhere other than your computer, use a flash drive or something, don't wait do it now!! Do it any time you make a change or import new entries.

For FREE web hosting services, meaning your own web site, check out http://www.thefreesite.com/Free_Web_Space/ ( Clicked 2078 times )

Phil Wojo

{ USER_STATUS }:

Postby bbrian3 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:05 pm

I can still cut and paste the information off of the html files so this isn't critical - just weird and wondered if anybody else was having similar issues. I rebuilt the webpage and it all works fine online, just not on the tt file on my computer
RANDOM_AVATAR
bbrian3

{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }
{ USER_STATUS }:

Postby Phil Wojo » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:14 pm

yea it should work for sure, but harder when i can't run the program to test, sorry sucks that my job wants me to work!! lol
~Phil

Phil Wojo

{ USER_STATUS }:

Postby Doug » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:07 pm

Try selecting the View menu, then Preferences. Click on the Tools tab. There is a Display Report Selection option. Do you have that unchecked?
Doug

{ USER_STATUS }:
Old Username: Doug

Postby bbrian3 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:10 pm

That was it! No idea how that got changed but thanks!!!!!!!
RANDOM_AVATAR
bbrian3

{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }
{ USER_STATUS }:

Postby Doug » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:14 pm

On the Report Selection window there is a small box at the top of that screen that says "Don't show this window again" and I think sometimes that accidentally gets clicked. Glad that worked for you.
Doug

{ USER_STATUS }:
Old Username: Doug

Return to Turbo Tourney Support Forum