Player Scenarios Not Uploading Bug

All issues and questions relating to Turbo Tourney should be posted here. Support members, forum moderators and other members can help you with your questions.
viperrwk
Old Username: viperrwk

Player Scenarios Not Uploading Bug

Post by viperrwk » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:39 am

I've suddenly run into a problem where the player scenarios report is not uploading to the web site. I can preview the report in TT, I can export the report to an Excel file but if I choose to either run a web report with player scenarios only or build the web site, neither will upload the web file. I briefly see a message about uploading the .css which is successfully uploaded when I run the player scenario report only, but in neither instance do I see the scenario file uploaded. Bug in the software? Any other ideas?

viperrwk
Last edited by viperrwk on Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Phil Wojo
Old Username: philwojo

Re: Player Scenarios Not Uploading Bug

Post by Phil Wojo » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:48 am

Do you have it set to be bypassed in the Report Options
~Phil
Do you have a backup of your *.tt file??? If not save a 2nd copy somewhere other than your computer, use a flash drive or something, don't wait do it now!! Do it any time you make a change or import new entries.

For FREE web hosting services, meaning your own web site, check out [click]http://www.thefreesite.com/Free_Web_Space/[/click]
(They rate free hosting services)

viperrwk

Post by viperrwk » Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:03 pm

Phil Wojo wrote:Do you have it set to be bypassed in the Report Options
Thanks for asking.

No it is not selected to be bypassed. In Report Package the only thing unchecked is Season Standings. Player Scenarios is set to calculate at 32768 and I successfully created player scenarios before last nights' games. Everything else was created and uploaded properly when I selected Build Web Site. No issues with FTP since everything else works. I can preview the report, generate a PDF of the report but the HTML for some reason is not being created.

viperrwk

viperrwk

Post by viperrwk » Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:15 pm

I should add I ran the scenarios report again (after rebooting my machine just in case) and noticed that it selected and uploaded the .css file only and not the player scenario file and it indicated it was one of one.

Definitely seems a bug to me.

viperrwk

Phil Wojo

Post by Phil Wojo » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:08 pm

I don't think it is a bug as the software hasn't changed for 2017, meaning no patches have been released, and it is working for others.

I think it is a setting that you have that might be buried that is what I'm trying to figure out. But i'm swamped at work right now and trying to do this quickly.

Do you have anything setup for FTP bypass? Check FTP Manager or "Build Web Site" I forget where that one is at.

Also, there is the "report package deadline" section you need to check in there also, not just the check boxes in report options.
~Phil
Do you have a backup of your *.tt file??? If not save a 2nd copy somewhere other than your computer, use a flash drive or something, don't wait do it now!! Do it any time you make a change or import new entries.

For FREE web hosting services, meaning your own web site, check out [click]http://www.thefreesite.com/Free_Web_Space/[/click]

viperrwk

Post by viperrwk » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:30 pm

OK you found it.

Turns out that Player Scenarios was clicked on in the FTP Bypass settings. Clicked it off, built the web site and scenarios uploaded.

Now maybe its not a bug per se but I would swear on a stack of bibles that I did not touch that setting in the program and no one else uses the program but me. So I for the life of me have no idea how it was checked on.

Regardless, all is good now - thank for your help.

viperrwk

Phil Wojo

Post by Phil Wojo » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:43 pm

Glad it is working I can't say something didn't glitch to make it happen you are right, my only point was I would expect to have a lot more people with the problem if it was an outright bug preventing it from working.

Did you use the file upgrade wizard from a previous years pool to make this pool, that could be one possible explanation?
~Phil

viperrwk

Post by viperrwk » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:51 pm

Phil Wojo wrote:Did you use the file upgrade wizard from a previous years pool to make this pool, that could be one possible explanation?
I did. But then that wouldn't explain how I was able to get the first scenarios done before last night's games.

Oh well - it shall remain a mystery. Thanks again!

viperrwk