[Answered] Restricting pool entry

All issues and questions relating to Turbo Tourney should be posted here. Support members, forum moderators and other members can help you with your questions.

[Answered] Restricting pool entry

Postby stevegagel » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:03 am

Is there a way to restrict which emails are able to enter a pool? In other words, can I have a list of acceptable email addresses from which I will accept entries and if someone tries to enter with an email address that is not on that list, then that entry will be rejected either when they attempt to submit it or when I do a download of entries. And if that is possible, then I assume I could add to or delete from that acceptable list of email addresses once it is set up so that I could let others in if they were acceptable. I am just looking for a way to filter out people I do not know who have gotten into my pool and have proven difficult to collect from.
RANDOM_AVATAR
stevegagel

{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }
{ USER_STATUS }:

Re: Restricting pool entry

Postby Phil Wojo » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:05 am

I am not aware of a way to do that with the program, sorry.
~Phil

Do you have a backup of your *.tt file??? If not save a 2nd copy somewhere other than your computer, use a flash drive or something, don't wait do it now!! Do it any time you make a change or import new entries.

For FREE web hosting services, meaning your own web site, check out http://www.thefreesite.com/Free_Web_Space/ ( Clicked 1966 times )
(They rate free hosting services)

Phil Wojo

{ USER_STATUS }:
Old Username: philwojo

Re: Restricting pool entry

Postby Fred » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:27 am

The way to eliminate those players that don't pay is to delete them from the pool after your payment deadline. They will get the message loud and clear and either not do it again or pay by the deadline. It took me one year to cure 4 such players in my pool. One of them did not play again and the other three are usually the first to submit their fees.
Fred

{ USER_STATUS }:
Old Username: Fred

Return to Turbo Tourney Support Forum