TT server rejecting picks

All issues and questions relating to Turbo Tourney should be posted here. Support members, forum moderators and other members can help you with your questions.
tjherndo

TT server rejecting picks

Post by tjherndo » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:41 am

I have been using Turbo Tourney since 2004. Players picks are being rejected by the Turbo Tourney server because the page "was not generated by TurboTourney Pro."
'
What have I done wrong. Some picks are getting thru????? Some are not?????

Help.
Tim

Phil Wojo
Old Username: philwojo

Re: TT server rejecting picks

Post by Phil Wojo » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:47 am

Are you using your own web space?

What version of the Deploy Via Web did you use, Simple, Basic or Advanced?

What version of TT are you using, 2018?

What is the link to your site?
~Phil
Do you have a backup of your *.tt file??? If not save a 2nd copy somewhere other than your computer, use a flash drive or something, don't wait do it now!! Do it any time you make a change or import new entries.

For FREE web hosting services, meaning your own web site, check out [click]http://www.thefreesite.com/Free_Web_Space/[/click]
(They rate free hosting services)

Doug
Old Username: Doug

Post by Doug » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:17 pm

If you look at your entry page and can view the source, look for the following hidden input value:

<input type=hidden name=VALID value="17174">

If the entry processing script does not find this value, it will reject the entry with a message "You can only execute this script from a web page generated by Turbo Tourney Pro".

tjherndo

Post by tjherndo » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:46 pm

Doug and Phil;
Thanks millions.
since I opened this string, I have determined two things.
1) The entries are getting thru.
2) The user is getting the response mentioned above.

Looking at the ASCII text I am getting the script exactly as you described.

<input type=hidden name=VALID value="17174">

It is about 1/3rd the way down.

The site is www.kicktheking.com
the page is located at www.kicktheking.com/2018/tournamententry.html

It is the 2018 release
It was deployed via web . . . basic.

What did I do wrong?

Thanks, Tim

Phil Wojo
Old Username: philwojo

Post by Phil Wojo » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:50 pm

I'll have to defer to Doug on this one. I'm at work and can't get to your links as it is blocked for me here.

Also, I have not seen that error, and Doug would know better the possibilities of why it could be occurring. I don't think you did anything wrong, but one other bit of information you might provide is who your web host is, Doug might want that. My brain is thinking it is somehow the interface between your host and Doug's servers, but that is nothing but a wild guess.
~Phil
Do you have a backup of your *.tt file??? If not save a 2nd copy somewhere other than your computer, use a flash drive or something, don't wait do it now!! Do it any time you make a change or import new entries.

For FREE web hosting services, meaning your own web site, check out [click]http://www.thefreesite.com/Free_Web_Space/[/click]
(They rate free hosting services)

tjherndo

Post by tjherndo » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:00 pm

Thanks Phil.

I'm hosted at Go Daddy.

FYI, I have been getting an "internal error" when typing to this board and being kicked off. Difficulty getting back on.

As for additional information . . . I only have heard from 3-5 of my friends about this problem. Most have either ignored the prompt or did not get that response. My test went thru fine. I did regenerate the picks page attempting to trouble shoot.

I hope this screwball note helps, but I think it only makes troubleshooting worse.

Tim

Doug
Old Username: Doug

Post by Doug » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:02 pm

I was able to go to your site and submit a test entry with no problem so it looks fine to me. Are you modifying the html in any way before uploading it? Otherwise is there anything in common about the people having this problem? It could be something that GoDaddy is injecting into the request/response but it's hard to tell. From what I can see, it all looks good.

tjherndo

Post by tjherndo » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:56 am

Doug;

Of the 60 or 70 entries I have had, there have been about 6 individuals that have experienced this problem. One was where I could go to the machine and witness. My server is a dumb server. Files are held there and users run the code in the file on their platform. They execute that code and "that code" sends a file to the TT server. The TT server accepts the file and returns the error to the user. The TT server then saves the file and I am able to download the file normally and without problem.

The user, responding to the error message from the TT server, then clicks on the "Submit" button again and the process repeats.

When I witnessed this, I jumped to the TT Support forum (likely on the same server? Likey under stress due to high traffic volume? ) I was kicked off the support forum several time yesterday when we were trouble shooting the problem. Likely due to traffic. Today will be the heaviest traffic we will experience.

None in my group are having difficulty downloading data from the Go Daddy Server. Is it plausible that the errors may have been generated at the TT Server? We're off and running for this year. Everything is running smoothly now.

I cannot help it, I'm an engineer. Problem solving is my life.
Customer since 2004. My crew LOVE your work

FYI while attempting to make this post, I received 8 (500 internal Errors) from your server.

Tim
www.kicktheking.com

SamGordon
Old Username: SamG

Post by SamGordon » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:47 am

FWIW Tim,

I have been on the message board for much of the last 4 days on two different computers, and have not been kicked off once.

I have no idea how to fix your problem though. :)