Error code 12001 - server timed out

All issues and questions relating to Turbo Tourney should be posted here. Support members, forum moderators and other members can help you with your questions.
bergyshouse

Error code 12001 - server timed out

Post by bergyshouse » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:28 am

I use the internet add-on feature and did not experience any issues with uploading information to hosted website last year. This year I keep getting a timeout error when uploading the player picks. It is isolated to this because when I select the bypass option on FTP, everything works except the player picks. What is causing this error. As I stated, I had about the same number of people in my pool last year and didn't have this issue.

Please advise.

Thanks.

Phil Wojo
Old Username: philwojo

Re: Error code 12001 - server timed out

Post by Phil Wojo » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:57 am

What do you have for your FTP settings for the "Transfer Mode" section at the bottom?

You could try and flip it to the opposite of what you have and see what happens.

~Phil
Do you have a backup of your *.tt file??? If not save a 2nd copy somewhere other than your computer, use a flash drive or something, don't wait do it now!! Do it any time you make a change or import new entries.

For FREE web hosting services, meaning your own web site, check out [click]http://www.thefreesite.com/Free_Web_Space/[/click]
(They rate free hosting services)

bergyshouse

Post by bergyshouse » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:27 am

I had upload in chunks 2048 and changed it to 1024 and I also changed to upload all at once and still doesn't work.

It was working fine until about 8pm last night and now I am getting the timeout error 12002 whenever I do FTP upload to hosted TT site. I've gone to several places with high speed internet after I got this at my house and it's the same issue. Is there something going on at the hosting site preventing it?

I am able to upload everything to the site except the player picks.... This is very frustrating!!!! This issue didn't happen last year!

kepi

Post by kepi » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:32 am

I get the same timeout issue on Larger files... I host myself on a server a Godaddy. I have a previous post here, but no solution. yes.. this is VERY frustrating.

Phil Wojo

Post by Phil Wojo » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:38 am

12002 is a timeout issue, and usually means something is blocking things, like a firewall or some kind of work IT rules. When you say you tried from different locations were you using the same device (laptop) at all those locations?

Can you try and turn off any firewalls you may have, temporarily, and see if it works. If it does, it would point to something related to that.
~Phil
Do you have a backup of your *.tt file??? If not save a 2nd copy somewhere other than your computer, use a flash drive or something, don't wait do it now!! Do it any time you make a change or import new entries.

For FREE web hosting services, meaning your own web site, check out [click]http://www.thefreesite.com/Free_Web_Space/[/click]

bergyshouse

Post by bergyshouse » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:56 am

Phil,

If something is blocking things then why did it work before on my same laptop? I am able to successfully update everything to the website except the Player Picks..... so I would think if it was a firewall or IT rule, then I would not be allowed to update anything to the website. Correct?

bergyshouse

Post by bergyshouse » Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:02 pm

I was also able to successfully update the site until about 8pm last night and then started experiencing the issues. If this same laptop had firewall or other blocking issues it wouldn't have been successful at any point.... but it was....

bergyshouse

Post by bergyshouse » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:23 pm

when is unchecked the "printable player picks" options from the player picks report, everything uploaded fine.

Phil Wojo

Post by Phil Wojo » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:35 pm

I asked Doug to take a look at this thread, in the mean time can you try one thing.

From this screen:

That is the "Report Options" section, go to the "Web" tab and change the "CSS Style" to "Embedded" and then try your upload again and see if it works, kind of a shot in the dark here.
~Phil

Doug
Old Username: Doug

Post by Doug » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:57 pm

If you select the Web menu, then TurboTourney.com Account Settings and click Verify Info. What do you have for your Zip settings?

wxman13

Post by wxman13 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:38 pm

I'm getting this issue as well, and I am hosting on my own server (Synology Diskstation) , completes about 1/2 the time.