Data Error? Loss of entire pool.

All issues and questions relating to Turbo Tourney should be posted here. Support members, forum moderators and other members can help you with your questions.
DeFaziooooo

Data Error? Loss of entire pool.

Post by DeFaziooooo » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:25 am

This is urgent. I need assistance. I had uploaded a few hundred pools which saved by 1:15 PM EST Sunday. When going back in a few minutes ago the entire pool has been erased despite the fact I am 1000% sure I am upgraded and had the data saved. If I go into documents to open Turbo Tourney, I receive the message " Data File is not in Turbo Tourney format".

Please let me know if I can get my entries back ASAP so I know if I have to seriously get to work. Also, if not, PLEASE tell me how to save the file to prevent this so I can utilize the software going forward.

Thank you,

-JD

SamGordon
Old Username: SamG

Re: Data Error? Loss of entire pool.

Post by SamGordon » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:00 am

The first thing to try is open TT on it's own, go to the File menu, and at the bottom should be a list of your recently opened files. Can you select your file and will it open?
The next step is to try to open your backup file (assuming you have one)... File -> Open -> point to your backup file.

If your file is truly corrupt and you don't have a backup, you'll need to recreate the file. Unfortunately, you'll have to set up the scoring and FTP settings manually. After that, download the pairings (Tournament -> Pairings).
Follow this FAQ to reimport all of your players: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=17
Download the current results (Tournament -> Results)
Build Website & Upload
Make a backup file.

Good luck!