Error 12003 when uploading

All issues and questions relating to Turbo Tourney should be posted here. Support members, forum moderators and other members can help you with your questions.
ruddyone

Error 12003 when uploading

Post by ruddyone » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:39 pm

Hello -

When I am building a site this weekend (and then it starts the FTP) I get an error 12003 - Error encountered trying to FTP put file on the server. The server returned extended information.
Then a screen pops up that says: 200 Type set to I.
501 Server cannot accept argument.

What the heck is that?

Now, I am using this laptop from a different location right now but I also tried it using my phone as a hotspot (which has worked in the past) and it times out.

I have been using the software for about 9 years now. The past 5 on this same laptop. It was working fine last weekend. The scheduler was working. Sunday I created a second chance pool and that has been working fine all week. Just this afternoon I started getting this error and can't get a site to load.

Please help!!!

Phil Wojo
Old Username: philwojo

Re: Error 12003 when uploading

Post by Phil Wojo » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:56 pm

Did you change any of your FTP settings? Or update any of your directory structures related to reports in the TT program itself?

Did you use an FTP program or File manager of any kind and change anything on your ISP?

Just asking for now trying to see what might be going on here.

Any chance you have a firewall that did some kind of auto update maybe?

Is your ISP maybe looking for an SFTP connection, or forcing you to use that now and not getting it?

AGain all just thoughts on possible problems here.
~Phil
Do you have a backup of your *.tt file??? If not save a 2nd copy somewhere other than your computer, use a flash drive or something, don't wait do it now!! Do it any time you make a change or import new entries.

For FREE web hosting services, meaning your own web site, check out [click]http://www.thefreesite.com/Free_Web_Space/[/click]
(They rate free hosting services)

Stroble

Post by Stroble » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:13 am

I'm having issues with uploading as well. Man, that's a big list of potential suspects. What's the most likely one? I'd like to start from there and work down the list if that's what I have to do.

Phil Wojo
Old Username: philwojo

Post by Phil Wojo » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:27 pm

Did you try a FTP program to see if you can connect to your ISP that way and FTP files? That would be where I would start and go from there.

Did you change anything since it last worked?
~Phil
Do you have a backup of your *.tt file??? If not save a 2nd copy somewhere other than your computer, use a flash drive or something, don't wait do it now!! Do it any time you make a change or import new entries.

For FREE web hosting services, meaning your own web site, check out [click]http://www.thefreesite.com/Free_Web_Space/[/click]
(They rate free hosting services)