Underdog Scoring Not Working Consistently

All issues and questions relating to Turbo Tourney should be posted here. Support members, forum moderators and other members can help you with your questions.
gumby2jr

Underdog Scoring Not Working Consistently

Post by gumby2jr » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:17 am

I have significant scoring issues going on using the underdog seed difference. As I understood the scoring from past versions in order to get the underdog points the player needs to pick the underdog winner but also had to have the team the underdog beats correct. This is not happening.

Here are some examples:
1) A player picked Loyola-Chi (11) over Cincinnati (2) which didn't even play them. In reality Loyala Nevada, but the player was awarded 9 underdog points. It should have been zero.

2) A player picked Kansas St (9) over Arizona (4) which didn't play them. Kansas St. beat Kentucky (5) and the player was awarded 5 underdog points. It should have been zero.

I likely have others but these two are in the top ten of a pool of 434 teams. How can we get this corrected?

Doug
Old Username: Doug

Re: Underdog Scoring Not Working Consistently

Post by Doug » Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:40 am

I think I just replied to your email as well but all of these example are correct. The player doesn't have to pick the exact matchup, they just have to pick a team to win as an underdog and that team must win as an underdog.

In example 1, Loyola over Cincinnati is an underdog pick. Loyola beat Nevada as an underdog so the player will get the underdog points based on their pick, 11 over a 2 so 9 points.

In example 2, Kansas St over Arizona is an underdog pick. Kansas St beat Kentucky as an underdog so the player will get the underdog points based on the their pick, 9 over a 4 so 5 points.

The main thing is that the player does NOT have to pick the exact matchup if that''s what is causing the confusion.
Doug