Player Picks in one file??

All issues and questions relating to Turbo Tourney Pro should be posted here. Support members, forum moderators and other members can help you with your questions.
JPDUBL07

Player Picks in one file??

Post by JPDUBL07 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:19 am

I am a TTPro user with Internet Add on. When I want to email a copy of picks to players, it sends players with multiple picks separate emails - one with each bracket. I just want to select multiple picks for a player, and have the software combine them 1 .pdf file and send 1 email. As it stands now, if a players submits 4 brackets and I want to email their picks, they get 4 emails, each with an attachment. I just want 1 .pdf with all 4 in 1 file.

Any way to do this?

Thanks,

Jay P

Doug
Old Username: Doug

Re: Player Picks in one file??

Post by Doug » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:46 am

Sorry I don't know of any option that would combine players into 1 email.

Phil Wojo
Old Username: philwojo

Post by Phil Wojo » Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:08 pm

The only way to do this would be for you to combine them before sending them with a PDF program, but within TT there is no option to do this as Doug stated.
~Phil
Do you have a backup of your *.tt file??? If not save a 2nd copy somewhere other than your computer, use a flash drive or something, don't wait do it now!! Do it any time you make a change or import new entries.

For FREE web hosting services, meaning your own web site, check out [click]http://www.thefreesite.com/Free_Web_Space/[/click]
(They rate free hosting services)

JPDUBL07

Post by JPDUBL07 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:27 pm

Yea, in years past I've just created the .pdf and emailed it via Gmail to my participants, but the email option via the program is so much quicker than having to save a .pdf file then open Gmail and do a sep email, etc. I guess it's just a tradeoff, and in my pre-tourney instructions, I'll alert folks that multiple entries will receive multiple emails. Would be a great enhancement though if they could just combine into one. That seems a much simpler option than having TTPro initiate/send 3...4...however many sep emails.

Thanks again,

Jay P

PWill21
Old Username: PWill215

Post by PWill21 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:41 pm

I don't know much of the backend stuff, but does the Export E-Mail IDs function generate the .txt file by grabbing the email address of each entry/record from the database? If so, couldn't that script be modified with a DISTINCT statement so that the .txt file would exclude multiple values/addresses? Just a thought, as I mentioned I don't know much of the behind the scenes stuff.