OK what are we missing....

All issues and questions relating to Turbo Tourney Pro should be posted here. Support members, forum moderators and other members can help you with your questions.
BricklerAM

OK what are we missing....

Post by BricklerAM » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:45 am

OK, we've been struggling with this software for years and if we can't get it to work like I want this year we're gone next year.

What are the steps we've missed to set this thing up, so when people enter picks they're seen immediately? I entered mine and others entered theirs yesterday, but today it was showing nobody registered at all....Also, during the tournament results are updated in real time and don't require manual updating over the weekend?

I can't believe in 2017 manual updates are required so we must be doing something wrong all these years.

Thanks.

Phil Wojo
Old Username: philwojo

Re: OK what are we missing....

Post by Phil Wojo » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:51 am

Once picks are entered the pool manager who has the TT software on their computer must download and import the picks in to the program. Then do a "Build Web site" to generate the reports and rebuild the web pages, then FTP those new files out to the site.

This must be done every time you want to update the site.

As for scores it can be done automatically there is a feature for that built in to the software. It is called scheduling a pool, there are videos on here and on the main TT site for these things as well. I'll find links and post back on that shortly.
~Phil
Do you have a backup of your *.tt file??? If not save a 2nd copy somewhere other than your computer, use a flash drive or something, don't wait do it now!! Do it any time you make a change or import new entries.

For FREE web hosting services, meaning your own web site, check out [click]http://www.thefreesite.com/Free_Web_Space/[/click]
(They rate free hosting services)

Phil Wojo
Old Username: philwojo

Post by Phil Wojo » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:54 am

Here is the Vid for the scheduler:

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=154

It is from 2004, but the basic concepts are the same. There have been some tweaks to the current version in the program, but the overall idea is still the same.
~Phil
Do you have a backup of your *.tt file??? If not save a 2nd copy somewhere other than your computer, use a flash drive or something, don't wait do it now!! Do it any time you make a change or import new entries.

For FREE web hosting services, meaning your own web site, check out [click]http://www.thefreesite.com/Free_Web_Space/[/click]
(They rate free hosting services)

SamGordon
Old Username: SamG

Post by SamGordon » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:39 am

One thing that seems to be hard for people to wrap their heads around...

Turbo Tourney is NOT a completely web based product. It requires a PC to run the program and do all the processing. The downside to this is entries need to be manually downloaded, users can not change their picks by themselves, and game results will not update live (but there is a scheduler feature that allows you to update scores after 'x' minutes).

That being said, TT does give you access to reports that fully online (ESPN, CBSSPORTS, etc) brackets don't have... configurable standings, champions summary, and the biggest (for me) Player Scenarios. You also have the option to create a "Second Chance Pool" once the Sweet 16 is determined. These reports and the second chance pool are what keep me coming back year after year.

Yes, it's more work for the pool manager in getting things set up, but it's not as much work as scoring entry sheets by hand.

BricklerAM

Post by BricklerAM » Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:29 pm

Thanks for the input guys, you helped straighten things out for me.