Problem Receiving Entries

All issues and questions relating to Turbo Tourney Pro should be posted here. Support members, forum moderators and other members can help you with your questions.
tzarder

Problem Receiving Entries

Post by tzarder » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:52 pm

I think I might have a problem. I setup my bracket to receive the entries by email. I have done it this way for years. I received about 40 or so entries the past couple of days and then they stopped.
I am receiving other emails to my email account so I don't think that is an issue. I entered a bracket from a different PC and used a different email address. I received my bracket pick confirmation but the picks did not come through to my main email account.
I know TT can be set to download the picks from turbotourney site. Is this still an option for me if I setup my bracket to receive them by email? Any other options?

Thanks
Tom

Phil Wojo
Old Username: philwojo

Re: Problem Receiving Entries

Post by Phil Wojo » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:17 pm

If you aren't getting emails I don't think that you can recover the other one's that were already entered, but i

t is highly recommended you always do it with the file for this reason. The file will always store all entries and can always be reloaded in case of losing all the entries, it is like an automatic backup of entries.

Doug will have to chime in on if the email option is also saved or not.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=17

I would personally at least go through the "Deploy Via Web" again and change it over to do them in a file and not email. AT least everything going forward would be in the file, you could always ask people to re-eneter if necessary.

After you finish the deploy via web, make sure to FTP (upload) the new files to your site.

Try this FAQ though to see if they show up but I don't think they will:
~Phil
Do you have a backup of your *.tt file??? If not save a 2nd copy somewhere other than your computer, use a flash drive or something, don't wait do it now!! Do it any time you make a change or import new entries.

For FREE web hosting services, meaning your own web site, check out [click]http://www.thefreesite.com/Free_Web_Space/[/click]
(They rate free hosting services)

tzarder

Post by tzarder » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:47 pm

I changed my bracket to download the entries from a file. It downloaded all the previous entries that were emailed to me and the ones I know were missing. YAY!
Thanks for the help on this. Doing the file download is so much easier than the email thing I was doing.

Thanks for the help. I think I am good now.

Tom

Phil Wojo

Post by Phil Wojo » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:54 pm

I'm glad that it had that, I honestly didn't know it saved it like that, but great news!!

Yes so much easier and quicker and an auto backup, better all around!!
~Phil
Do you have a backup of your *.tt file??? If not save a 2nd copy somewhere other than your computer, use a flash drive or something, don't wait do it now!! Do it any time you make a change or import new entries.

For FREE web hosting services, meaning your own web site, check out [click]http://www.thefreesite.com/Free_Web_Space/[/click]

tzarder

Post by tzarder » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:01 pm

I guess I do have a followup question that I did not see anywhere else.
Is there a way to have TT notify me if there are additional entries submitted? Or maybe it is but I'm not getting them because of my apparent email issue.
Tom

Phil Wojo

Post by Phil Wojo » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:05 pm

No it doesn't do that even if your email is working. You can check it from the program from "Remote>Turbo Tourney.Com Control Panel>Check Status button"

That is the only way I can think of off hand.
~Phil