FTP issue configuring Turbo Tourney Pro 2018

All issues and questions relating to Turbo Tourney Pro should be posted here. Support members, forum moderators and other members can help you with your questions.
corigutharz

FTP issue configuring Turbo Tourney Pro 2018

Post by corigutharz » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:56 am

Hi,
I am trying to FTP and build my web site. I keep getting a 12029 error. I have escalated this with my IT colleagues at my office. They provided me with ftp software on my laptop and I receive the following message:
# ftp mysideline.com
Connected to mysideline.com (74.200.230.92).
220 Microsoft FTP Service
Name (mysideline.com:root): (my email address is here)
331 Password required for (my email address is here).
Password:
530 User cannot log in.
Login failed.
Remote system type is Windows_NT.
ftp>

We are functioning in a Windows 10 Enterprise environment. My credentials for Turbo Tourney are correct as I went to www.turbotourney.com directly and was able to log in there.
Is anyone else having issues like this?

Phil Wojo
Old Username: philwojo

Re: FTP issue configuring Turbo Tourney Pro 2018

Post by Phil Wojo » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:52 am

If you are using the TT internet add-on I don't think you can connect to that using an FTP client, you can only use the TT program to make that connection, but maybe Doug can correct me if I am wrong on that.

As for the 12029 error, I don't know off hand, but is there a chance your IT group is blocking that FTP connection to TT? I'll try and research that error, but I would suggest searching the forum here for information on that. I am at work now, so not sure when i can get to this.
~Phil
Do you have a backup of your *.tt file??? If not save a 2nd copy somewhere other than your computer, use a flash drive or something, don't wait do it now!! Do it any time you make a change or import new entries.

For FREE web hosting services, meaning your own web site, check out [click]http://www.thefreesite.com/Free_Web_Space/[/click]
(They rate free hosting services)

Phil Wojo
Old Username: philwojo

Re: FTP issue configuring Turbo Tourney Pro 2018

Post by Phil Wojo » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:54 am

Check out this thread, but as I suspected it appears it is probably being blocked from your end:

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=207&p=607&hilit=12029#p580
~Phil
Do you have a backup of your *.tt file??? If not save a 2nd copy somewhere other than your computer, use a flash drive or something, don't wait do it now!! Do it any time you make a change or import new entries.

For FREE web hosting services, meaning your own web site, check out [click]http://www.thefreesite.com/Free_Web_Space/[/click]
(They rate free hosting services)