Picks submitted do not show up immediately

All issues and questions relating to Turbo Tourney Pro should be posted here. Support members, forum moderators and other members can help you with your questions.
BAM

Picks submitted do not show up immediately

Post by BAM » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:12 am

Wondering why people submitting picks online do not automatically show up?

Do we have to download then upload and building the website every time for new submissions to show up?

SamGordon
Old Username: SamG

Re: Picks submitted do not show up immediately

Post by SamGordon » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:30 am

In a word, yes. It's only once the tournament starts (and you set up the scheduler) that things become "automatic".

BAM

Post by BAM » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:02 am

OK, we'll be moving on from this software then, this is 2018 not 1998. Paying so I have to manually update is baloney. Should be set it and forget it with the internet module addition imo.

Oh well.

SamGordon
Old Username: SamG

Post by SamGordon » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:32 am

I understand your frustration. I do want to point out some advantages that I don't believe the other sites support...

1) Second Chance pool (create a 16 team pool after the first weekend of games is complete)
2) Various Reports
Champions Summary (A list of how many people picked a team to win it all)
Individual Game results (For any given game, will show who picked each team to win)
Player Scenarios (Starting once the Sweet 16 is set, will calculate all possible scenarios and report the best & worst every player can finish, and who to root for to get the best result)
Tournament Scenarios (Once the Final 4 is set, will display the Final Standings for every possible outcome)
3) Custom Scoring (I use standard scoring, but many people use different scoring options)

Now, these things may not be important to you and that's fine. But it's these items that make the cost worth it to me.

Just my opinion.

BAM

Post by BAM » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:39 pm

I understand a few features are nice, but other free sites provide some of the same stuff. People have no real clue whether their submissions were received or not (sure email confirm helps but until you see your name on the list people aren't sure) until manually updated here. Scoring should all be automatic in real time like the free sites are, no "scheduling" necessary. I'm done having issues every year, we've struggled with this software for years hoping it would get easier or new updates would improve it...it hasn't.

Paying should make it easier than the free sites, not harder and more labor intensive. I'll see what my money can buy elsewhere next year. Thanks for your input though.