Database Connection

All issues and questions relating to Turbo Tourney Pro should be posted here. Support members, forum moderators and other members can help you with your questions.
Fred
Old Username: Fred

Database Connection

Post by Fred » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:42 am

I have downloaded the Pro version of TT and am trying to set up the database connection. So far, I have been able to determine the connection string and the test connection works. I cannot find the database folder where the mdb file is located according to the Help file. Does that only work on a registered version and if not, where would the database folder reside. The program installed in Program Files (x86)\TheSideline.com\Turbo Tourney 2018. The only folder that is in that main folder is a remote folder. Any help will be much appreciated.

Doug
Old Username: Doug

Re: Database Connection

Post by Doug » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:56 am

Fred, if you select the File menu then find the Shared Application Data Folder and click on the folder icon that will open that location and there should be a "db" folder. In there you will find the .mdb file.

Fred

Post by Fred » Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:12 pm

Thanks for the quick response Doug...got it set up and the program saved the tournament information to the database. Now I have to figure out how to pull the information out of there. I am fairly proficient in php but not at all in VB or asp so it will be a challenge. I assume the scripts described in the Help file is in the same location as the database files?

Doug

Post by Doug » Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:28 pm

Yes, that's correct. All the db related information is in that folder.

Fred

Post by Fred » Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:42 am

Doug, I don't see any script files in the db folder. Here is a screenshot of all of the files in the db folder. Am I missing something?
dbfile.jpg
dbfile.jpg (51.5 KiB) Viewed 532 times

Doug

Post by Doug » Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:35 pm

What script files are you looking for? Those .sql files are the script files for the database feature.

Fred

Post by Fred » Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:40 pm

I thought I had read somewhere that there were some sample scripts that pulled data from the access database for additional reports. Those were the scripts I was looking for. Was I mistaken in my assumption? If so, do you know where I can find some?

Doug

Post by Doug » Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:49 pm

I'm not aware of anything like that and not sure that is something that exists.