[SOLVED] Reports not updating on site

All issues and questions relating to Turbo Tourney Pro should be posted here. Support members, forum moderators and other members can help you with your questions.

[SOLVED] Reports not updating on site

Postby joenshan » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:02 pm

Hi! Me again, I am collecting pre-registrations for my survivor pool and everything is working fine (importing entries, updating player dropdown list, etc). However, my reports are not updating on the site. I have been building site/FTP file load daily, but the site footer shows the last update as 8/14. (See old forum for my previous issue which you guys solved), even though my tournament entry sheet IS updating. Please advise.

Thanks
Sha
RANDOM_AVATAR
joenshan

{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }
{ USER_STATUS }:

Re: Reports not updating on site

Postby Phil Wojo » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:25 pm

Are you doing a "Deploy Via Web" and then uploading (FTPing) or are you doing a "Build Web Site" and then uploading? Or perhaps both?
~Phil

Do you have a backup of your *.tt file??? If not save a 2nd copy somewhere other than your computer, use a flash drive or something, don't wait do it now!! Do it any time you make a change or import new entries.

For FREE web hosting services, meaning your own web site, check out http://www.thefreesite.com/Free_Web_Space/ ( Clicked 2039 times )
(They rate free hosting services)

Phil Wojo

{ USER_STATUS }:
Old Username: philwojo

Postby joenshan » Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:02 pm

I do Deploy via Web, then build site, then FTP...too much?
RANDOM_AVATAR
joenshan

{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }
{ USER_STATUS }:

Postby Phil Wojo » Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:01 pm

No, it is what you should be doing.

Now, this leads to the question of if you have a package deadline or something else set that is not allowing the "build web site" to update the site.

So go to "Reports>Report Setup" then down to the bottom and click on "Report Package" in the pop up window.

Now, click on the "Package Deadline" button in that pop-up window.

What button is got the black mark on the new window?

If it is the bottom one, and the list below it with the check boxes is NOT grayed out, what boxes are checked in there? If it is grayed out don't worry about that.

Also, hit "cancel" on there and back on the "Report Package" window, what boxes are checked in that list?

Then, hit cancel in there and go to "Tools>Build Web Site" and in that pop-up window on the right hand side click on the "FTP Bypass" button.

In that pop-up window do you have any boxes checked?
~Phil

Do you have a backup of your *.tt file??? If not save a 2nd copy somewhere other than your computer, use a flash drive or something, don't wait do it now!! Do it any time you make a change or import new entries.

For FREE web hosting services, meaning your own web site, check out http://www.thefreesite.com/Free_Web_Space/ ( Clicked 2039 times )

Phil Wojo

{ USER_STATUS }:

Postby joenshan » Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:02 am

Thanks Phil! For Package Deadline, the 'Always include player related reports' is selected. Boxes checked are:

Tournament Pick Sheet
Player Listing
Player Picks
Tournament Summary
Player Summary
Tournament Rules
Tournament News
Tournament Prizes

Nothing checked on FTP Bypass, but when I build site, I do get an error about needing short names in the pairings. I've seen this in years before, but thought I was able to just 'ok' through it.

Thanks....you guys are awesome.
Shannon
RANDOM_AVATAR
joenshan

{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }
{ USER_STATUS }:

Postby Phil Wojo » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:40 am

OK, I'm stumped if I am being honest. It seems like it should work, but it doesn't appear that it is.

Did you create your own template for week-1 or use the one from the program, that should give you the short names if you used the pre-made template.

I will see if Doug can check in and see if he has any ideas as well.

Sorry I can't be of more help right now, I'll keep thinking on it as well.
~Phil

Phil Wojo

{ USER_STATUS }:

Postby Doug » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:02 am

Can you send me your pool file to support@turbotourney.com and also include the URL to your site?
Doug

{ USER_STATUS }:
Old Username: Doug

Postby Phil Wojo » Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:37 pm

The other option is to post the file to the site, but emailing it to Doug directly is still the best idea.
~Phil

Phil Wojo

{ USER_STATUS }:

Postby joenshan » Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:03 pm

Ok, just emailed files to Doug. Also, I didn't update Week 1 pairings because I thought that would preclude anyone from pre-registering and require them to make a pick, no?

Thanks!
Shannon
RANDOM_AVATAR
joenshan

{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }
{ USER_STATUS }:

Postby Doug » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:37 pm

So I kind of see of mixture of issues on your site. One thing is that you have 3 different "home" pages"

http://www.loserpoolonline.com/default.html dated 8/14/2014
http://www.loserpoolonline.com/home.html dated 9/6/2013
http://www.loserpoolonline.com/index.html 7/30/2008

I also see your pre-registration page here:

http://www.loserpoolonline.com/tournamententry.html

But the "home" link is titled "News" and takes you to the home page above dated 9/6/2013. In the file you sent me though, the home menu is named "Home" not "News" so it's almost like you might be opening different files and posting files from different sources because your entry page and your web site are definitely not in sync. My suggestion would be to go to your FTP client and delete all the files you have posted so you can clear out some of the things you have already posted and then go back through the Deploy via Web and Build Web Site processes. When you do the Build Web Site, make sure you are selecting Build Site and not FTP Files Only. Give this a try and see how it goes.
Doug

{ USER_STATUS }:

Postby joenshan » Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:50 pm

no luck :-(

I'm stumped. I can see in the progress when I FTP that it's just not pulling the News and other 'Reports'. It only pulls 4 files; tournamententry.html, tournamentpicksheet.html, turbotourney.css and tournamententry.css

Those multiple home pages you mention, could I clear them through my GoDaddy account? This is a brand new computer, so there should be no history on it.

The curious thing is why I was able to update the site on 8/14 and not since?

Let me know what you think. I suppose I could delete everything and start again, but I'd rather not
RANDOM_AVATAR
joenshan

{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }
{ USER_STATUS }:

Postby Doug » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:13 pm

Could you give us the exact steps you are taking? Something has to be missing. It sounds like you are only uploading the entry page (Deploy via Web) and not doing the Tools menu, Build Web Site to upload the web site files if those are the only files getting uploaded.
Doug

{ USER_STATUS }:

Postby joenshan » Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:07 am

Sure....

I open the Deploy via Web and 'OK' through each prompt (as my settings for each field are fine as they are).
*Recall, when I complete Deploy via Web and it automatically attempts to open the page, it adds an extra / into the url and causes the error "Page not found" (ie: http:///tournamententry.html)

Then I go to Build website (via the little house icon, not through the tools menu).

I click on "Build Web Site"

Then, when that's complete, I click on "FTP files"

The status indicates 4 files being loaded (see previous post for which ones they are)

Then, I get the error about not having short names in the pairing and it says "Report Not Printed"
RANDOM_AVATAR
joenshan

{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }
{ USER_STATUS }:

Postby Phil Wojo » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:02 am

Go to "Tool>FTP Manager" and do the following for me.

1. At the very top for "Prompt:" make sure that is set to "Always use FTP"
  2. Give us your report, script and data directories again from there.
  3. What is your setting for "Upload Images"?
  4. What boxes are checked under the "Applies To"?
  5. What do you have under the "Transfer Mode" section?
  6. Is the box at the very top for the "Host My pool on MySideline.com" checked or unchecked?

Now go to "Tools>Build Web site" and do it that way, don't use the icon, though it shouldn't make any difference.

Now, go click on your "Windows" button, like the old "START" button. Then click on "All Program" and go to "Accessories" Find the "Snipping Tool" and start that program.

This will bring up a program that will allow you to capture a part of your screen. Once it is up draw a box around that pop-up window for "Build Web Site". Now in the "snipping tool" program go to "File>Save As" and save the file where ever you want on your PC so you can find it and call it what ever you want. It should default to saving it as a JPG (image) file, if not change it to that.

Now, on our board go to the "Gallery" section, which you can get to by clicking on the word "Gallery" near the top of the board to the right of the word "FAQ". Then click on the "User Uploaded Images" section. Now on the new screen click on the "NewImage" button near the top left. This will take you to a new screen, or instead of doing all that you can click this link and it should take you to the same spot:
http://board.turbotourney.com/gallery/posting.php?mode=upload&album_id=1 ( Clicked 516 times )

Now, click on the "Browse" button and find that image you just saved with the Snipping Tool on your PC and upload it.

Then after the image is uploaded you should get to a screen with your image and with three (3) boxes below it. One is called "Image-BBCode:" there is a number there between the word "Album", copy or remember that number. Then in the post screen for this topic while typing click on the word "Album" in the orangeish bars at the top. Then put that number between the "[album]" words that pop up so we can see your image.

I know that is a wordy, not sure how familiar you are with message boards though.

Phil
~Phil

Phil Wojo

{ USER_STATUS }:

Postby Phil Wojo » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:06 am

joenshan wrote:
Those multiple home pages you mention, could I clear them through my GoDaddy account? This is a brand new computer, so there should be no history on it.

Yes, you should be able to either use GoDaddy's Control Panel or a stand alone FTP program, I use Filezilla, to get to your web site and view it like something from Windows File Manager in a tree view.

Then you can delete any/all files from there, so be cautious what you are doing. But if you find the "default.html", "home.html" and "index.html" files and delete those three (3).

Not sure why things aren't being updated from your PC, but lets at least blow those out for now, we will get the other stuff figured out on your PC and get you up and running.
~Phil

Phil Wojo

{ USER_STATUS }:

Postby Doug » Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:23 pm

I think there is still some confusion about what exactly you are doing. You mention above that you don't get the error about missing short names until AFTER you FTP the files and that wouldn't be possible. That's why I think there is some step missing in the process you are going through. I also did the Build Web Site with your pool you sent me and don't get that message at all. Can you clarify, after you select the build web site icon and you are on the Build Web Site screen exactly what are you doing at that point? I'm not sure you are actually FTP'ing the files which is why we don't see it being updated on your web site.
Doug

{ USER_STATUS }:

Postby joenshan » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:13 pm

Sorry Doug, you are correct, the error occurs when I click Build Web Site, not FTP files Only.

See FTP Manager snip to answer Phil's questions below:
1.At the very top for "Prompt:" make sure that is set to "Always use FTP" - Yes, it is
2.Give us your report, script and data directories again from there. - These fields are blank
3.What is your setting for "Upload Images"? - Upload first time only
4.What boxes are checked under the "Applies To"? - All of them
5.What do you have under the "Transfer Mode" section? - Upload all at once
6.Is the box at the very top for the "Host My pool on MySideline.com" checked or unchecked? - Unchecked

After I do the "Build Web Site" and I get the errors, the last pop up says "Reports not printed". Usually, I click ok and everything closes. However, tonight I noticed a box behind that, so I moved the top pop up out of the way and there is the "Building Web Site" box with the animation of the papers flying from one folder to another. So I didn't click ok on the "Report not Printed" pop up and let it run. The stage has been at "Calculating Configurable Standings" for 19 minutes now. I don't know if this is important or not, but thought I'd mention it.
RANDOM_AVATAR
joenshan

{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }
{ USER_STATUS }:

Postby joenshan » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:29 pm

Ok follow up, so continuing on that line of thinking, I went into Report Package Options and checked only News, Rules and Prizes for my report package and the site updated those (yay).

I am concerned though about the errors and delays that are occurring when other reports are included in the package. Please let me know your thoughts on this and if there is anything I should change. I think my home page and news page are still mixed up somehow, but I will take the progress we made.

Thanks for everything
Shannon
RANDOM_AVATAR
joenshan

{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }
{ USER_STATUS }:

Postby Doug » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:50 pm

That's good news for the most part but something still seems off. That report shouldn't take any time at all because you have no players and I don't even think it should be trying to calculate it because of that. Like I said, when I build your website here with the file you sent me I don't get any of those things you mention and it's done in like 2 seconds. One suggestion, if it's possible, is to try installing the program on a different computer and see if you get the same results. Something seems kind of weird with how things are running on your computer. I've never heard of anything like this in 20 years of doing this.

One thing I do notice is in the FTP Manager settings you have Launch After Uploading checked but no Report URL. This is probably why your browser is not opening the reports correclty. Try putting in http://www.loserpoolonline.com/ in for the Report URL and see if that helps. Personally, I would also not be bothering with pre-registrations and download the Week 1 template and avoid the pairings short name issue as well.
Doug

{ USER_STATUS }:

Postby Phil Wojo » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:41 am

I was noticing the blank report, script and data directories in your FTP manager as well and wondering if that is an issue.

I am not sure if Doug's information is correct on what to put in there.

For my own personal site I have my FTP manager settings as follows:

/public_html/bball/work14/64

Now that is for Basketball for me but same concept, and I use a subdirectory called "bball" and then one called "work14" and yet another called "64".

So, when I go to my web site via an FTP client like Filezilla, I have to first click on the "public_html" directory and then I am basically in my "home" folder. Yours might be different as I don't know what GoDaddy uses.

Worst case is can you just put in a "/" (forward slash) in there without the quotes around it and then try it with all reports you want and see what happens.
~Phil

Phil Wojo

{ USER_STATUS }:

Postby Phil Wojo » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:34 am

Here is what my FTP manager looks like for my basketball pool, but again, you get the idea:

~Phil

Phil Wojo

{ USER_STATUS }:

Postby joenshan » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:11 pm

Thank you Phil, I don't recall ever populating those fields (not that I count on that, my memory is terrible.) However, I did put the URL that Doug suggested and it seemed to resolve that triple slash issue (http:///) and the page opens fine. I also changed the order of my reports around and the Home Page now appears like I want it. It's probably still jacked up some how, but I think everything is in good shape.

You guys are amazing, thanks for you unrelenting determination to help me!!
Shannon
RANDOM_AVATAR
joenshan

{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }
{ USER_STATUS }:

Postby joenshan » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:02 pm

Ughhh. I spoke to soon...now the player dropdown list on the site is not updating my new entries (entries are updating to software fine)....what did I do that could have caused this? Looks like its just the past 24 hours (since I changed my report package to just News, Prizes & Rules)
RANDOM_AVATAR
joenshan

{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }
{ USER_STATUS }:

Postby Phil Wojo » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:18 pm

To update the entries you have to do the "Deploy Via Web" and run it all the way through and then upload (FTP) those files. The "Build Web Site" does NOT update any entries you get at any point.

Phil
~Phil

Phil Wojo

{ USER_STATUS }:

Return to Turbo Tourney Pro Support Forum