Website Hosting

Talk about anything you want.

Website Hosting

Postby fantavet » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:02 pm

I had to skip last year as my ISP stopped providing personal website hosting. They really never cared what I posted. What I have always done was created a "splash" page where I could post a news letter style of how the basketball tournament was going, who was leading, etc..... That would link to a Turbo Tourney Website. A lot of hosting sites have Terms and Conditions that seem to prevent any talk of "winnings". For the record, my contest pays out 100%, the "house" does not make profit. Am I being too paranoid? Can anyone suggest of a host site that will allow me to talk about the contest and not care if I "link" to a site where the real awards are discussed?
RANDOM_AVATAR
fantavet

{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }
{ USER_STATUS }:
Old Username: fantavet

Re: Website Hosting

Postby Phil Wojo » Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:17 am

I have a link in my signature below that will take you to a site that reviews free hosting options. There are a ton out there, check for one's that allow FTP access in order to use it with this program.

Also, if you have your own site/web space you don't need to use/pay for the internet add-on from TT. All that the internet add-on from TT gives you is web space, which you already have, so no need to pay for it again.

If you want to pay for another host I have used LunarPages for years and never had an issue with TT being on my site. I won't say they are the best host out there, but they are sufficient for what my needs are, this is NOT a free service.
~Phil

Do you have a backup of your *.tt file??? If not save a 2nd copy somewhere other than your computer, use a flash drive or something, don't wait do it now!! Do it any time you make a change or import new entries.

For FREE web hosting services, meaning your own web site, check out http://www.thefreesite.com/Free_Web_Space/ ( Clicked 1856 times )
(They rate free hosting services)

Phil Wojo

{ USER_STATUS }:
Old Username: philwojo

Return to The Water Cooler