Host Turbo Tourney on my own Web Server

All issues and questions relating to Turbo Tourney should be posted here. Support members, forum moderators and other members can help you with your questions.
ExplodingSidewalk

Host Turbo Tourney on my own Web Server

Post by ExplodingSidewalk » Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:39 pm

Both ISP's have discontinued their Personal Web Space's.

I need to create my own hosting website on one of my servers inside my network.

Is there a step by step method of doing this using Windows 10 Professional?

Please help.

Chris

SamGordon
Old Username: SamG

Re: Host Turbo Tourney on my own Web Server

Post by SamGordon » Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:16 pm

Is it possible? Sure, I did it many moons ago. You'll need to find instructions on the web for how to set it up. I did a quick search and found the following: https://www.hostingadvice.com/how-to/ho ... n-website/.

Now, issues that I had...
1) Unless you have a static IP assigned by your ISP, you'll need to download software that automatically updates your IP address with dns servers.
2) Depending on the size of your pool, your ISP may not allow the traffic that your server would see.

I suggest using one of the free hosting sites. Just know you will be bandwidth/visit limited for a free site, which again, depending on the size of your pool may not work.

ExplodingSidewalk

Post by ExplodingSidewalk » Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:15 pm

Thank for the reply.

I don't have to worry about a static IP since I have DDNS setup on my router.

Creating the website is not an issue since there are many guides detailing these steps.

The issue is what needs to be entered into Turbo Tourney Pro along with the setup of specific folders /cgi-bin, /_vti_log etc.

What about updating the website when the website is built / report package is created?

Is this ftp'd to my website or can I automatically send it to my website folders since the software is on my web server.

Thanks for the help.

Chris

SamGordon
Old Username: SamG

Post by SamGordon » Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:37 pm

The /cgi-bin directory is only if you use the "advanced" deploy, and yes, the RELATIVE placement of that (I'm not familiar with /_vti_log) is important. There should be instructions under the help file. Sorry, can't help you on that one.

As far as updating the website, when I did it, my webserver was a different computer than what I ran TT on. So I installed Filezilla Server on it (web server), and then programmed TT to FTP connect to that.

I guess if you're using the same PC, you can put Filezilla server on it and program TT to FTP to 127.0.0.1, maybe. You can set everything up today and upload Tournament News to make sure your connection is working.