results

oducks
Old Username: oducks

results

Post by oducks » Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:24 am

Hey guys,

When I click on the results tab and click update it takes me to an incomplete website of some sort. I think it did this last year also and I just updated each game manually myself. Are you not supporting the results feature? If not no big deal, but since there are 31 more games to go I thought I would ask.

Thanks

Rich

Go Ducks!
www.weeklypix.com

Doug
Old Username: Doug

Re: results

Post by Doug » Wed Dec 24, 2014 4:53 pm

Yes, definitely supporting the results of the bowl game.

oducks

Post by oducks » Thu Dec 25, 2014 1:50 am

OK, so do you have any idea why when I click update on the results tab it takes me to an incomplete webpage of some sort?

Thanks,

Rich

Phil Wojo
Old Username: philwojo

Post by Phil Wojo » Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:29 am

Not sure on why it would do that, maybe Doug can answer.

You can always directly download the template with the results in it and import it in to the program (I think). Here is the link:

[click=http://www.turbotourney.com/download/te ... s_2014.ttb]http://www.turbotourney.com/download/te ... s_2014.ttb[/click]
~Phil
Do you have a backup of your *.tt file??? If not save a 2nd copy somewhere other than your computer, use a flash drive or something, don't wait do it now!! Do it any time you make a change or import new entries.

For FREE web hosting services, meaning your own web site, check out [click]http://www.thefreesite.com/Free_Web_Space/[/click]
(They rate free hosting services)

Doug

Post by Doug » Fri Dec 26, 2014 4:11 pm

No, not sure. I don't know what you mean by an incomplete web page.

oducks

Post by oducks » Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:29 pm

during the NFL season after a game is complete I go to the results tab. click the results tab in the middle of the page and the results are populated into the proper fields. In the NCAA/FB season when I go to the results tab and click the update button It does not update the standings it goes to and incomplete page that appears to be built by turbo tourney without all the images and so on. This is a copy and paste of what I see.

Join Us On Facebook

Home

Your POOL our TOOL

#

HomeProductsAccountResourcesCompanySupport

Page Not Found

The page you are looking for has either been moved or is no longer available.

What Customers Are Saying

"We needed a turn key profitable solution on the fly and Turbo Tourney was the perfect solution. It was easily customizable to fit into our existing site design and when we needed support - they were there for us!"

Internet Marketing Manager
Clear Channel Cleveland

"I've used Turbo Tourney for years...it's the BEST software I've ever seen to run tournament pools and now, I'm using it on my station's website to run contests for my listeners. It's a great (and easy) way to generate listeners and revenue, have some fun and a breeze to use."

Program Director
ESPN Radio

Read More

Help Me Choose

Not sure which product is right for you? By answering a few short questions, we will be able to give you a specific recommendation about which Turbo Tourney product is right for you. Let's get started!

Help Me Choose

theSideline.com

Home - Order/Upgrade - Reviews - Technical Support - Templates - News - Contact Us

Copyright © 1996-2014 theSideline.com, Inc. All rights reserved.(2008)

Phil Wojo

Post by Phil Wojo » Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:58 am

What version of TT are you using? Is it the 2014 version or an older version? Regular or Pro?

I just did a quick test of this with my 2014 Pro TT and it works just fine, so it doesn't appear to be the software from what I can tell.

Can you just do a quick test, make sure you save your current file, don't use it. Start a new pool, create it from scratch for the college football stuff, then pull in the pairings and then just do the "update" again and do the results. Does this work or no?
~Phil
Do you have a backup of your *.tt file??? If not save a 2nd copy somewhere other than your computer, use a flash drive or something, don't wait do it now!! Do it any time you make a change or import new entries.

For FREE web hosting services, meaning your own web site, check out [click]http://www.thefreesite.com/Free_Web_Space/[/click]

Doug

Post by Doug » Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:53 pm

To add to what Phil said, did you load the Pairings from our site or enter those manually?

oducks

Post by oducks » Sun Dec 28, 2014 3:13 pm

I am indeed using TT Pro 2014 and I did load the pairings from your site, not manually. Here is the actual link to the page it redirects to. file:///C:/Users/DUX/AppData/Roaming/theSideline.com/Turbo%20Tourney%20Pro/2014/tempftp.dat.html. Phil I did as you asked. Started a new pool, downloaded the pairings, clicked update and it downloaded the results as it should. Only thing I can think is I renamed my file to bowlpool2014. I do this each year. Could that possibly be the problem? Thanks for your help so far guys, I really do appreciate your time.

Rich

Doug

Post by Doug » Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:07 pm

Renaming the file should be no problem. Could you send me your pool file at support@turbotourney.com and I'll see if I have the same issue?

Phil Wojo

Post by Phil Wojo » Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:18 am

Emailing Doug your pool file will be best, but the link it is sending you to is local to your computer, not from the internet. Saying any more than that is just speculation, let Doug look at that file and get this fixed for you.
~Phil

oducks

Post by oducks » Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:45 am

OK, file sent :)

Thanks

Doug

Post by Doug » Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:15 pm

Thanks, I see the problem now. Select the Tournament menu, then Options. Your current year is set to 2011 so it's trying to find the template for 2011 which doesn't exist. Change this to 2014 and you'll be good to go.

oducks

Post by oducks » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:12 am

Yup that did it! I a not sure how it got changed unless I have duplicated this same template since 2011? Anyway thanks for all your time and effort!

Rich