I am receiving an ERROR: 550 A valid address is required.

FTP errors, Emailing errors, etc.
FAQ Admin

I am receiving an ERROR: 550 A valid address is required.

Post by FAQ Admin » Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:53 am

The problem:
I am receiving an ERROR: 550 A valid address is required error message when I try to send out an email to everyone in my pool.

Possible cause/solution:
We see the above error message when there is one or more email addresses entered by a user (player) that is not in the proper format for an email address. There could be a space inline of the email address, or they could have put in an invalid character.

Some examples of mistakes are as follows, but are not solely limited to these:
john@ test.com
john@test. com
john!test.com
john#test.com
john.com

The first example above has a space between the "@" sign and the letter "T" in the word test. This will cause the program to give you the above error message when it tries to email this person as that is not a valid email address format.

The other examples above are common typo's or things people may do wrong when entering an email address.

You have to go through your players and find the one that is the problem if you are trying to mail the entire group of people in your pool. There are a few ways to do this and some will work better than others. One way is to use the Player Maintenance feature and scroll through the list of players looking at the email column for mistakes.

There is a Validate Emails function under the "Players" menu, but it does not catch all of the above scenarios, though you can try that as well to see if it catches anything.

Thanks,
FAQ Admin
Thanks,
FAQ Admin