My download keeps stopping and/or giving me a message "Connection to the server was reset". Why?

FTP errors, Emailing errors, etc.
FAQ Admin

My download keeps stopping and/or giving me a message "Connection to the server was reset". Why?

Post by FAQ Admin » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:35 pm

We have seen a few cases in which a client's firewall blocks the download of the update or install files that are posted on our website. If a file download from our site consistently stops after a short time and/or receives a message that the file contains adware or spyware, your firewall is probably producing this condition. We believe that such messages are "false positives," a condition which other software vendors are also experiencing with heightened security.

Our update and install files are built with tools from Wise Solutions, a popular vendor of packaging software. As of August 2005, it is a known issue that certain firewall and adware detection programs erroneously flag Wise-related files as containing a variety of adware or other inappropriate content. Wise Solutions has assured us that it is safe for you to override your firewall or adware program to accept our downloads. We take every possible measure to assure that our files are clean, and we run system scans for viruses and adware before we post each update.
Thanks,
FAQ Admin